A Rustic Craftsman Birdhouse
Welcome Birds into Your Yard
Let the natural charm of the Chickadee Hanging Birdhouse attract feathered friends. This functional garden accent fits any decorative theme and gives bird families a place to rest and thrive.
🌳 Ornithologically Correct Design
- Entrance Hole: 1-1/8" diameter is ornithologically correct for North American Chickadees
- Nest Box Size: 6" x 5.5" is ornithologically correct for Chickadee nesting preferences
- Function-Over-Frills: A minimalist design principle loved by birds – untreated raw cedar is resistant to rot and provides a natural & tree-trunk-like dwelling
- Eco-Friendly Fastenings: Old fashioned screws and staples instead of potentially toxic glues used by other manufacturers
- Bonus: Unvarnished cedar is a natural parasite deterrent
If listed as "out of stock" please be assured that it will be in stock again within 1-2 weeks. This item is made in small batches, and raw wood supply can fluctuate.
Why You'll Love It
- Made in the USA: At a family owned woodshop in northern Wisconsin
- Hand Built: By skilled woodworkers who cut, sand, build, and stencil each birdhouse with the same level of passion
- Western Red Cedar Wood: Known for durability and weathering well
- Easy to Clean: Simply remove the designated screw to open an access panel
- Strategic Ventilation: Placement that protects from blowing rain
- Uniquely Yours: Due to diverse patterns of real wood and the hand building/stenciling processes, no two pieces are the same
Winter Woodworks #CKHH
|Material||Western Red Cedar|
|Primary Species||North American Chickadees, including Black-capped, Mountain, Boreal, Carolina, Gray-headed, Mexican, Chestnut-backed, and more.|
|Mounting Guidance||5 to 15 feet off the ground; in 40% to 60% sunlight|
|Dimensions||10"L x 9.5"H / 2.7 lbs.|
Shipping Made Simple
Fountainful provides free shipping in the Lower 48 U.S. thanks to our partnership with 20+ freight carriers. Alaska, Hawaii, or International Residents: please call or chat with us prior to ordering.
Free to our customers. Ships via freight truck (LTL) with a liftgate. Delivered curbside on a pallet and extensively packaged. Does not include set-up, assembly, or the disposal of packaging.
Free to our customers. Ships via common carrier (e.g., FedEx, UPS, USPS).
Upgrade: "Threshold/Inside Property"
Available at checkout on certain products for an additional charge. The freight carrier will cross the property line (i.e., the threshold) and lower the pallet at the first dry area (e.g., garage, covered porch). Not available on Blue Thumb items.
For hard-to-reach addresses or unusually long driveway configurations, some carriers may charge extra or require the shipment to be "rescued" by a freight carrier with greater capabilities. If this happens, we'll keep you updated on the timeframe and any additional cost.
Delivery Timeframes: Ready-to-Ship
Items designated as ready-to-ship generally leave the warehouse within 5-7 business days.
Delivery Timeframes: for Made-to-Order
The disclosed timeframes are estimates based on the design studio's extensive track records and typical production capacities. You'll be notified of any unexpected delays. Delays (i.e., longer curing times because of high humidity) are beyond Fountainful's control.
REMEMBER: casting, curing, and staining decorative concrete is not an exact science. The strict attention to detail is why these products are so well loved! Learn more about concrete production in our FAQs.
|Brand / Design Studio||Timeframe||State of Origin|
|Adagio Water Features||7-12 business days||Utah|
|Blue Thumb||7-12 business days||Michigan|
|Giannini Garden Ornaments||
November thru April: 5-7 weeks
|GIST Concrete Products||6-9 weeks||Arizona|
|Massarelli's||3-6 weeks||New Jersey|
|Fire Pit Art||10-15 business days||Tennessee|
|Studio M||7-10 business days||Missouri|
|The Outdoor Plus||3-6 weeks||California|
|Winter Woodworks||7-12 business days||Wisconsin|
Misc. Delivery Terms
|Special Instructions||If there are special delivery instructions for the freight carrier, please let us know at the time of order so accommodations may be made. There may be additional charges for special requests.|
|Delivery Appt. & Holds||Similar to furniture deliveries, the carrier may call you before delivery to schedule drop off. If you commit to an appointment and are not present to accept delivery, or if you confirm a delivery date and subsequently reschedule, a re-delivery fee may be charged for which you are responsible. If the carrier must hold your pallet beyond their standard courtesy period, you are responsible for any hold fees.|
|Change of Address||Any fee charged by the carrier for a change/re-consign of the original delivery address is your responsibility.|
|Forklift||Items that require a forklift are designated as such on the product page. If ordering a "forklift required" product, plan ahead by contacting a local contractor or small equipment rental outfit (e.g., Home Depot, Lowes).|
Always inspect your delivery. See the Refund Policy for a Delivery Inspection Checklist.
For over 20 years, Winter Woodworks has been building and stenciling rustic birdhouses out of wood from the majestic Western Red Cedar. At their family-owned workshop in northern Wisconsin just 80 miles from Lake Superior, the craftsmen individually hand build each birdhouse with a fine attention to the details that take the birds' wellbeing to heart.
Natural and durable, their unvarnished cedar wood is free from harmful chemicals and will blend right into the surrounding environment. Perfect for wrens, chickadees, bluebirds, and other regional songbirds of similar size.
Order & Refund Policy
- After we receive your order, details are immediately confirmed with the design studio/manufacturer to ensure a smooth fulfillment process.
- In the chance that your item or color selection has been discontinued or is backordered, we'll contact you about alternative options.
- When shipping information is available, it will be sent to the email address you provided.
Refund / Replacement
Cancellation & Returns
Terms differ between Made-to-Order or Ready-to-Ship items.
|Within 24-hours of order placement||Full refund|
|After 24-hours of order placement||A refund cannot be issued*|
* Made-to-Order items have a defined production process involving multiple teams of artisans that begin working almost immediately. For concrete items, this begins with the pouring of concrete by hand and the preparation of stains and other elements. Remember: due to variations in natural materials and the handbuilding process, your piece is unique!
A Policy Exception will only be granted in the rarest of circumstances and will be handled in close coordination with the design studio/manufacturer. A Policy Exception is a courtesy, and if you proceed you'll be required to abide by the terms of the design studio/manufacturer (e.g., return shipping cost, restock fee, final inspection) in addition to a fee determined by Fountainful to reasonably cover our merchant costs and employee time.
|Within 24-hours of order placement||Full refund|
|After 24-hours & order has not shipped||Full refund, minus 20% administration fee|
|After 24-hours & order has shipped||Full refund, minus 20% administration fee + return shipping charges. Return shipping must be initiated within 48 business hours of delivery or a refund will not be issued. Product must be clean, unused, and in its original packaging.|
Call us at 214-901-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must obtain a Return Authorization Request (RAN) from us before proceeding to ship the item. If the return request is approved, you are responsible for the return shipping charges.
Any refund issued in accordance with this Policy will only be returned to the original payment method used upon ordering.
Fountainful cannot issue refunds or facilitate returns on damaged Made-to-Order items. We'll work directly with the design studio on your behalf to initiate a speedy repair or replacement.
Damaged deliveries are extremely rare. The checklist below will help facilitate a smooth claims process in the event of a damaged shipment.
You must report a damaged delivery to us within 24 hours by calling 214-901-7275 or emailing email@example.com, including as many photos as possible. After 24 hours, you are responsible for filing a shipping claim with the freight carrier.
Delivery Inspection Checklist for LTL/Freight Shipments
Before You Sign for Delivery
- Review paperwork to confirm it is in fact your order.
- Look for signs of possible exterior damage even before opening the crate (e.g., ripped shrink-wrap, a broken or open pallet).
- Do NOT refuse the delivery unless the damage is very bad, including items poking out of the crate or if it's obvious the pallet fell off the truck.
If Damage is Found
- The driver won't be able to wait for a full inspection of the contents.
- Write what exterior damage you see onto the paperwork before signing. The paperwork is sometimes called Bill of Lading (BOL) or Delivery Receipt.
- BE SPECIFIC, even about anything that looks out of place. Example: Pallet arrived open, potential damage to contents.
- Sign the paperwork and ensure a copy is retained by both you and the driver.
Photograph the Damage
- Take clear photo(s) of the damaged or suspected areas.
- Take a photo of your signed paperwork.
- Remit photos to Fountainful immediately, with a description of the delivery experience.
If you set up the product and later attempt a claim, it will be denied by the freight carrier and you will be responsible for the cost of replacement pieces and reshipment.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Financing a Made-to-Order Item
If you choose to finance your purchase with Affirm, your first payment is due approximately two weeks after your purchase is finalized. Please note that due to extended delivery times, your loan payment(s) may be due before you receive your purchase.